Wingman Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

submit sci-fi story for charity?

3 posters

Go down

submit sci-fi story for charity? Empty submit sci-fi story for charity?

Post  Sean Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 pm

I am in the process of publishing a short story anthology of new sci-fi and fantasy (currently entitled But The Owl Knows), and gathering unique talented writers willing to volunteer. I say 'volunteer', because ALL profits will go to http://www.savethechildren.org (yes, an unpaid project).
My primarily reason for compiling this anthology is my love of science fiction, and a desire to contribute something to the genre (which I think you can relate to).
As an added incentive, we'll also be supporting a good and reputable charity. Rest assured that authors retain all rights to their submissions (we can sign a contract confirming this), get full credit, and your content will not be altered.
Every story submitted-- whether included in this book or not-- will be used by me for this book only, or not at all. Your stories will not be posted, distributed or sold by me anywhere else beyond this anthology, in any way or form.
Do you have any stories I may publish (please)? Thanks for your consideration.
contact Sean: exastra@hotmail.com

ps- I have written and published 3 philosophy books (www.myspace.com/exastral), but this is my first venture into narrative fiction.

Sean

Back to top Go down

submit sci-fi story for charity? Empty Re: submit sci-fi story for charity?

Post  Zathman Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:26 am

I'll keep my eye out for people who might have stories to donate. I have many unfinished sci fi stories I'd started on many moons ago. Unfortunately I don't see myself finishing them in the short-term.
Zathman
Zathman

http://www.twitter.com/zathman

Back to top Go down

Post  RocketScienceMom Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 pm

For those of us who can't necessarily write (like me) would you be looking for illustrations as well as stories for this event?

RocketScienceMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:43 pm

RSM-
yes, an illustration that tells or implies a genre story would be much appreciated. like a snap shot of a scene. send to exastra@hotmail.com

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down