Wingman Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jess on Epic FU

4 posters

Go down

Jess on Epic FU Empty Jess on Epic FU

Post  Dave Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:26 pm

This thread is for discussion of Jess' appearance on Epic FU re: Hollywood 2.0.
Dave
Dave

http://www.wingmancentral.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Jess on Epic FU Empty Whooooo!

Post  Katie Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:03 pm

That was teh awesome. Am I a total nerd for being all giddy about the WC mention/screenshot? I don't think so.
I thought Project Artemis was very well portrayed, especially in such a small amount of time. We seem more like revolutionaries than idle dreamers. This is a good thing. I approve. ;-)
And I want archery training.
Katie
Katie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jess on Epic FU Empty Re: Jess on Epic FU

Post  RocketScienceMom Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:22 pm

I don't know if it was just me, my Mac, my internet connection or Safari, but the Epic Fu original link crashed my computer and/or Safari every time (ok, all 3 times) that I tried to watch it. Once with the dreaded kernel panic.

but, JSto came through with le awesome you tube link and all was well. Thanks Jess. Smile

I wish that there was more, but she did come off really really cool. The author in the segment that followed her is publishing on his own, just as she's doing this film on her own, had a much larger segment. Perhaps she actually has to get it made before she gets a bigger section of Fu.

Still, I was happy with that was there.

RocketScienceMom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:09 pm

i also had a little smiley thrill when she included WC. it's nice to be recognized as legitimate. good coverage of the story, but too bad it was so brief.
Do i think crowd funding is a sustainable alternative to the hollywood system? Yes. Yes, I do.
if communicated and "packaged" properly to people who realize the legitimacy of the model. notice i didn't say "sold". i have no talent, interest or patience with selling. selling is aiming to get someone's money. communicating is about getting someone's interest/involvement. unfortunately, the masses have been brainwashed into thinking that for something to have merit and value, it must be sellable. bollucks! in my view, "selling" is part of the problem, part of the hollywood system. i don't believe in it and refuse to do it. and so, my own projects make almost no money. i'm not doing it to sell, I'm doing it for the art. i think our culture suffers and is deminished by a mentality of flash and flare to get someone's attention. if you are going to judge a book by its cover or its hype or its brand name recognition, i don't want your money. this isn't for you.
(though i don't like the term "crowd-funding". "community" funding sounds better and more accurate.)

i was reminded how i miss archery, and wouldn't mind doing that again. alas, not in the budget.

kinda off-topic: call me old fashioned, but i agree with Howard Stern about social networking.
i hate that everyone is moving their life into the computer with a mass exodus from the real world.
feels less authentic and sincere. i prefer face to face of the old days.

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum